Saturday 11 October 2008

Research on the work of Giorgio De Chirico & Giovanni Battista

Research

I have selected 3 pieces of work by the artists Giogrio Chirico & Giovanni Battista that are of an urban environment, and I have included my own visual records, experimenting using different materials to sketch.
The Soothsayer’s Recompense, oil on canvas by Giorgio de Chirico, 1913.

I think that my sketched worked well with the pencil as I can create darker and lighter shadows by changing the pressure I put on the pencil whilst sketching.












The Song of Love (also known as Le chant d'amour or Love Song; 1914)

I don't think that this particular sketch worked well because the pressure of the brown colour pencil doesn't become obvious in the drawing, as much as the pencil.









Giovanni Battista Piranesi, Parere su L'architeturra (1765)
I really like this sketch because insteak of choosing to draw the entire image I took one particular area and sketched it. The look of the pen drawing makes it interesting because it looks more defined and darker.

No comments: