The V&A Evaluation
When we took a trip to the V&A gallery our aim was to 'Capture'. We were asked what the word capture meant in our own words I came up with the following:
- Networking Sites
- Uses design objects to tell a story
- Popular culture tastes are shown as well as non-popular
- Such as lighting & radio of the 2oth century as it shows how it has evolved over the years
- Some objects came from World War times.
- Transport is also a big design issue and it has become so different from now
- Images collected are used to tell a story
- 21st century meant after the WWII
- Some designs are according to fashionable taste
- Items like clothes changed since the 1950's
- The gallery captures by collecting things from the past and present
- Some objects reflect on the kind of designs nowadays, as people may recognise something but seem a little different from what they see now
We were told to capture 3 visual images of items we found interesting or significant in some way.These are my drawings from 3 different objects.
During this trip I've learned the many ways there are to capture and the variety of meanings the word could have in a media/art related way.